Asparagus with Buttered Eggs and Parmesan Cooking Recipe | Asparagi al Parmigiano Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 lb. (1.5 kg) green asparagus
- 4 eggs
- ½ stick (2 oz./60 g) butter
- Grated Parmesan
- Clean the asparagus. Stand them upright in a bunch in a saucepan with salted cold water reaching halfway up the stalks.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- During this time, cook the eggs in a skillet in butter.
- When the asparagus is cooked, drain on a paper towel or a clean cloth, then place in a dish.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with grated Parmesan. Arrange the eggs on top (their heat will melt the cheese) and serve.
Suggested food/wine match
- Cavallerl, Rampaneto—Terre di Franciacorta DOC
Once the asparagus is cooked, you can layer it with butter and Parmesan and bake in the oven.